A few weeks ago, Michigan Medicine's East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatrics Center had to evacuate the hospital due to a malfunctioning MRI machine. The culprit was an overheated MRI control panel in a separate room, but nevertheless, this still showcases some dangers. On top of that, damages are estimated to be up to $100,000.00.
Many of know the standard ‘no metal objects’ within the MRI Suite, but this incident reminds us to be wary of all areas of the MRI unit.
At Sound Imaging, we keep an eye on your MRI by offering patient safety and comfort focused accessories. One such device is SAMM M.D., a MRI conditional CCTV System with motion detection software that can also act as an overnight surveillance system; another is our Magnet Watch, which send alerts for any level readings that are abnormal.
Thank you for visiting our blog!